Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 12:33:54 -0800
From:      "DINKEY,GENE (HP-Loveland,ex1)" <gene_dinkey@hp.com>
To:        "'Joe.Warner@smed.com'" <Joe.Warner@smed.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Help me make FreeBSD shine

I don't know about the html formatting and shell scripting but a good all
around network tool is nmap.

www.nmap.org - I believe there's also a port security/nmap (or close to
there).

While it's really a sophisticated port scanner it does have options to
output in a log format which is easy to parse through using
awk/grep/whatever.

Gene