Date:      Thu, 25 Oct 2007 07:09:15 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org, James Wagner <jwagner@hankgraff.com>
Subject:   Re: Documentation Mistake

--------------enig31EF77684A162D4CA2F511F0

If memory serves me right, Doug Barton wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, James Wagner wrote:
>=20
>> Hello
>>
>> I'm currently browsing through the documentation for FreeBSD because I=
'm=20
>> considering using it for a file/samba/e-mail server.  I find it intere=
sting,
>=20
> Thanks. :)
>=20
>> but did find one thing in the documentation that is just plain wrong.
>=20
> s/wrong/outdated/

The installation instructions in the release documents are so outdated
that I got rid of them for 7.X...we just refer people to the Handbook
instead (which has more detail and is actually receiving some TLC).

>> I've used a small (~50 meg) Linux LiveCD called gParted many times to =
split=20
>> NTFS partitions.  I've never had a problem using it, it has a nice pre=
tty=20
>> graphical interface, and it's 100% free to download and use.  The Live=
CD page=20
>> is at http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php in case you want to tr=
y it or=20
>> add a link to it in your install guide.  (I have no affiliation with t=
his=20
>> project other than loving it when I need to use it.)

I added a mention of gparted to the Installation instructions for 6.X
and the Handbook several months ago.  So when 6.3 comes out, it'll
mention this.  (I didn't think of it...another FreeBSD user pointed this
out via PR.)

Bruce.