Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:34:51 +0100
From:      Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net>
To:        phk@phk.freebsd.dk
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic with heavy io

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 12:21:19PM +0100, phk@phk.freebsd.dk wrote:
> >#14 0xc01edc00 in spec_xstrategy (vp=0xc23046c0, bp=0xc7502da8) at ../../../fs/specfs/spec_vnops.c:596
>
> This doesn't correspond to my sourcefile, but you should examine this one.

Sorry, I should have do the backtrace on the source with the date of the
kernel.

It was running spec_vnops.c:1.194

596:   DEV_STRATEGY(bp);

I don't understand what you want me to examine there as the arguments are
not usefull anymore (or are they?).

> >#15 0xc01edc7b in spec_specstrategy (ap=0x0) at ../../../fs/specfs/spec_vnops.c:633
>
> This, I think is impossible, so I think we should assume that something
> overwrite some memory and cleared out some bits which should have
> survived.

That was my feeling too, it wouldn't have gotten so deep with NULL arguments.
Haven't checked the code so it is only an assumption.

Any idea's what to do now or what to do when I am able to reproduce it?

Mark

--
Mark Santcroos                    RIPE Network Coordination Centre
http://www.ripe.net/home/mark/    New Projects Group/TTM