Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:43:14 +0100 (GMT+01:00)
From:      wolfgang steuerle <w.steuerle@firemail.de>
To:        questions@FREEBSD.org
Subject:   what`s missing ?

I have Free-BSD 4.0 installed on my System ( the X-kernel developer install=
ation ).I have emacs 20.6
running on it,it works perfect.I have an old Laptop that I also
installed Free-BSD 4.0 on it.Because it has no CDROM-drive I installed only=
 /bin via floppies.then I also installed emacs by using the split-command a=
nd putting the pieces together with cat and then doing pkg_add.when I try t=
o start emacs I read /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libXaw.so6" n=
ot found.

So what is the difference between the minimal and the=20
" kernel-developer " installation , that is necesarry for running emacs.I d=
on't want to install it all by floppies,because
Plip installation didn't work for me
http://www.firemail.de - Ihr Briefkasten im Web. Einfach, schnell,
sicher.

http://www.epost.de - Reservieren Sie jetzt Ihre Adresse f=FCrs Leben
beim Kommunikationsportal der Deutschen Post.