Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2000 08:48:23 +0600 (ALMT)
From:      Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [mount_nwfs] Got it!! But ...

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Great, finally figured out what I was missing for the mount_nwfs command

	congrats...

> How do I get it to automount on reboot?  From what I can tell, you have to
> be root to do it ... but, you have to enter a passwd when you do it this
> way, so its not something you can add to /etc/fstab when a machine reboots

	fstab(5) entries can be used to specify options for connection and
should be marked as 'noauto' (see man mount_nwfs(8)). Please take a look
at /usr/share/examples/nwclient/nwfs.sh.sample file. Line 14 of it sets
and exports HOME variable. Nothing prevents you to set this variable to
"/home/fred" and call mount_nwfs with "-O fred" argument. Of course, fred
has to specify NetWare password in his .nwfsrc file.

> So farr as I can tell, this is great for a single-user environemnt, but
> not multi-user, but it could just be a doc I'm missing ...

	I've got reports where ncplib supports more than 10K users.

--
Boris Popov
http://www.butya.kz/~bp/