Date:      Thu, 7 Apr 2011 16:35:26 -0300 (ADT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mounting nfs: what options available for /etc/fstab?

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011, Chuck Swiger wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2011, at 8:02 AM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> Part of the recent thread I had about mounting nfs point to using nolockd to disable locking ... checking the mount_nfs man page, it lists 'lockd' as a deprecated option, but doesn't list 'nolockd' anywhere ...
>
> Much as with gcc, if mount command option "foo" exists which can be
> inverted, then there will be a "nofoo" option.  Also, I am unsure where
> you find mention that "lockd" is deprecated, and I see an entry for
> "nolockd" here:
>
>  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=mount_nfs&sektion=8

Thanks this helps alot ... but definitely not what I'm seeing in 'man
mount_nfs' in 7-STABLE :(

>From the 7-STABLE mount_nfs man page, last updated on Feb 4th, 2011:

==
              Historic -o Options

              Use of these options is deprecated, they are only mentioned
here
              for compatibility with historic versions of mount_nfs.

              bg         Same as -b.

              fg         Same as not specifying -b.

              conn       Same as not specifying -c.

              dumbtimer  Same as -d.

              intr       Same as -i.

              lockd      Same as not specifying -L.

              nfsv2      Same as -2.

              nfsv3      Same as -3.

              rdirplus   Same as -l.

              mntudp     Same as -U.

              resvport   Same as -P.

              soft       Same as -s.

              hard       Same as not specifying -s.

              tcp        Same as -T.
==

Thx ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org