Date:      Sun, 4 Dec 2005 20:35:48 -0200
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Brief Report: Acer AS5002LMi notebook with FreeBSD

On Saturday 03 December 2005 22:14, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> went with the Acer Aspire 5002LMi.
=2E..
> been able to examine came with Atheros wireless, but this one is
> Broadcom.  I haven't tried Project Evil yet; since I had a Cardbus

I am with releng_6

broadcom WL works fine in 11b+g with ndis but since 6.0RC1 the button do no=
t=20
light anymore (on B5 the light was still on when connected)

strange when i put a wi card into the pcmcia slot  the wlan button light go=
es=20
on=20

> after me, "C: is for Crap and D: is for Data").  This machine required

you can shrink c:/ easily without loosing the windows installation=20
parted is on the knoppix live cd

> This card has an SiS 7012, which attaches to the snd_ich driver.  On
> attach it reports "Unknown AC97 Codec (id =3D 0x414c4770)" but this does
> not seem to cause a failure.  From my research this seems to be an
> Avance Logic ALC203; I just addded it to ac97.c but haven't had a
> chance to test it yet.

if you get this work can you post it again?
I did it and the AC97 is found as
pcm0: <Avance Logic ALC203 AC97 Codec>
but the vol+/- does still not work, only pcm volume

> > - Suspend/resume was pretty sad, I don't advise trying it.  I may get a

sleep yes, no way to wake up :S

>ACPI seems to be somewhat broken on this machine, even after updating
>to the latest BIOS. =A0The CPU-state information looks bogus (and
>telling the kernel to use C3 is asking for trouble). =A0Suspend doesn't.
>There's an error in the \\_SB_.BAT1._BST method so it can't get the
>battery status. =A0Dump available on request.

Bruno Ducrot made a patch for me which is working perfect and using powerd =
I=20
get 70 min of batt life=20
it found
powernow0: <PowerNow! K8> on cpu0
but I needed to compile kernel with CPUTYPE=3Dk8

Jo=E3o