Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 00:23:57 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        "Scott D. Yelich" <scott@scottyelich.com>
Cc:        Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Who broke "ls" in FreeBSD? and why?

> No kidding.  I mistakenly though... for some stupid reason -- that
> /bin/ls was some bastardized gnuls... but that appears not to be the
> case.  I just wish there was a way that one could pass another -A option
> to disable this.

What's wrong with -a?  And what the heck does this have to do with
mobile computing?

> Oh, and sorry if this isn't the right list.  How about:  How does one
> shutdown freebsd and make a laptop or other machine power off?  I always
> have to hit the reset button.  It reminds me too much of 'blows...
> and I'd like to get away from that.

It would be easier if you just wrote "Windows" and avoided any purile
and cutesy notations for it since it rendered a whole sentence in your
previous email completely unparseable for several minutes until I
figured out what you were even trying to say.  I think you need to go
read the man page for apm(8) and shutdown(p) if you want to find out
about how FreeBSD and not Windows does these jobs.

- Jordan