Date:      Tue, 4 Nov 1997 00:31:53 +0100 (MEZ)
From:      Robert Eckardt <roberte@MEP.Ruhr-Uni-Bochum.de>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.dk
Cc:        robsch@robkaos.ruhr.de, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem running ADABAS D database

It was Søren Schmidt who wrote:
> > I'm trying to get the Linux version of the ADABAS D database
> > running. Unfortunately  starting of many binaries results in
> > the message ' ELF binary type not known'.
> > The message appears both under 2.2.2 and 3.0-current(Oct 20th).
> > Is there a chance to get this package running under FreeBSD?
> > The packages requires a Linux 1.3.x kernel., at least this
> > is what the CD label says.
>
> You need to install the linux-libs-2.4 package, then start the
> linuxulator (/usr/bin/linux)
> That should do the trick..

I have the same problem with Mathematica. However, it's not the libs.

Up to now the only solution I found was copying the files to
disk and brand them with brandelf.
However, I don't want everytime to copy half the CD to disk first.

I am looking for an easy way to make Linux's ELF the default
(preferably with a sysctl).
Though, looking in imgact_elf.c didn't enlighten me.

Robert

--
Robert Eckardt                \\ FreeBSD -- solutions for a large universe.(tm)
RobertE@MEP.Ruhr-Uni-Bochum.de \\       What do you want to boot tomorrow ?(tm)