Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:56:03 +0530 (IST)
From:      Satyajeet Seth <sseth@sasken.com>
To:        <ipfw@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Brahma Naidu Golla <gbnaidu@sasken.com>
Subject:   Routing Problem

Hi

I am having a machine with 3 interfaces, fxp0, nge0 and nge1. nge0 and
nge1 are pseudo ethernet interfaces implemented using 'ng_eiface'
netgraph nodes in freebsd-current.

I wish that the response to ping from a machine on the LAN, host1
to fxp0/nge0/nge1 should come from the same interface. But it comes from
the interface given by "route get 'host1'" unless we manually do
"route change 'host1' -ifp 'interface'"

host1 should be able to ping to fxp0, nge0 and nge1 simultaneously
and the responses should come from the same interfaces.

Is it possible to do this dynamically using ipfw,natd stateful rules?
Or, perhaps there is some other better way?

Thanks
Satya