Date:      Wed, 6 Nov 1996 20:09:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      SKYNET1 <Skynet1@cris.com>
To:        Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ethernet

I have an ethernet card (somebody told me it was a realtek 8029, NE2000 or
something), and I can't get it working. I get this line in my kernel:

pci0:10:    vendor=0x10ec, device=0x8029, class=network (ethernet) int a irq 11
[no driver assigned]

So how do I set it up? The box of the card says Generic 32-bit ethernet.
I'm using the 2.1.5-RELEASE.
Do I need to write my own driver and place it into the kernel, or
does the kernel come with some way to setup this card?
If so, how should I rebuild it--with what settings?

Thanks.