Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 1997 01:14:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Intuitive Design Archive <archive@in-design.com>
To:        Adrian Carter <adrian@apic.net>
Cc:        dedy@indosat.net.id, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help: getting libdes.so.2.1

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Adrian Carter wrote:

> Log on to ftp.freebsd.org and go into /FreeBSD/2.2.1-RELEASE and then
> download the contents of the directory 'des'. once this is down, run the
> install.sh script located in that directory. Be warned, whilst this worked
> for me (as far as installing libdes.so.2.1) it didnt solve my problems in
> getting SSLeay to compile, as it to date *STILL* insists on telling me that
> it has an undefined text segment in the ebe_enc.o file of _des_decrypt3, so
> I figure an include is going wrong somewhere. So, no warranties apply,
> YMMV, standard disclaimers apply.
>
> If anyone has succsesfully configured SSLEay on 2.1.7-RELEASE or latter,
> please please please tell me how you got it to work. Note, I want
> SSLeay0.6.6 and not the 0.5.1 version avaliable via the FreeBSD ports
> collection =)

	It took me a while, but I was finally successfull of compiling it on
2.1.7 and a solaris machine.  I must admit this package is a pain to
compile.  What finally helped was compiling the des that Eric Young
provides in his ftp site, also I had to do plenty of -L editing and find
/ so it won't be automatic, but it is possible.

					Hope this gives you hope
					Tamer Ziady
					Happy SSL user.