Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:32:33 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: KYLIX/Delphi on FreeBSD 4.4 boxes

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Person, Roderick wrote:

Hello.

Well, I also checked a core a while ago and I checked 'dmesg' output of several
runs. And I received weird things in the kernel logs:

	.
	.
	.
linux: 'ioctl' fd=4, cmd=0x7201 ('r',1) not implemented
	.
linux: 'ioctl' fd=6, cmd=0x7201 ('r',1) not implemented
	.
linux: 'ioctl' fd=8, cmd=0x7201 ('r',1) not implemented
	.
linux: 'ioctl' fd=11, cmd=0x7201 ('r',1) not implemented
	.
pid 20643 (delphi), uid 1000: exited on signal 4 (core dumped)

The kernel's log space is overrun by these error messages and
I do not see what's the first entry.

:>I've been trying to get this to work too.
:>
:>I've looked at the core dump and it seems that kylix makes a call to
:>_sigsuspend. I'm not at home so I don't have the full error at hand. But it
:>seems this is a Linux system call that is not implemented in the linux base
:>as far as I can tell. I found only a few emails related to this in the
:>archives. Someone was working on it, but I can find out if it was ever
:>completed or worked. I've sent out e-mails but no replies. I taken a break
:>but may get back to it in a few days.
:>
:>Roderick P. Person
:>Programmer II
:>(412)454-2616
:>personrp@ccbh.com
:>
:>"Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind."
:>
:>    - General William Westmoreland
:>
:>