Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2014 20:46:29 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernhard_Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "ports@freebsd.org Ports" <ports@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Emanuel Haupt <ehaupt@freebsd.org>
Subject:   QAT troubles today [Was: Re: [QAT] r346501: 1x fail, 3x success]

This is a general reply to all of the QAT mails that were send out today. They
can all be ignored and sorry for the troubles they might have caused!

I have done some maintenance today which also cleaned up some stuff from
last weeks heavy lifting of the building backends to 11-current. The ride was
a bit rough and 11-current is troubling us a bit.  We also hit a clang 3.4
issue on the way that caused a lot of jobs to "fail" like the one below which
was hard to diagnose why.

The good news is that we have made a workaround for it and dim has found
a clang fix upstream that he will merge to our clang 3.4 so we are back in
business already. The builders will be slower than usual for a few days because
I also cleaned up their package caches and the distfiles.

Thanks for bearing with us and thanks a lot to sbruno and mat who did the
heavy lifting of the backends which will bring us 10.0-RELEASE builds for
QAT very soon and already brought us 10.0-REL and 11-current environments
for redports.

Thanks!

--
Bernhard Froehlich