Date:      Sat, 3 Mar 2001 15:05:54 +0100 (CET)
From:      Stefan Walter <stefan.walter@stud.udo.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-Multimedia <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: quake-gl and sound...?

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Orion Hodson wrote:

> Stefan Walter writes:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > as I found out when browsing the mailinglist archives, this has been asked
> > before, but not answered:
> > When running quake-x11 from the quakeforge port, everything's fine (except
> > the framerate/resolution). quake-sdl works, too. However, when I start
> > quake-gl, I get the following:
> >
> > /dev/dsp: Invalid argument
> > Could not set /dev/dsp to stereo=2S_Startup: SNDDMA_Init failed.
>
> Since the same sound ioctls are made, this is a little puzzling.  What
> happens if you force the sound device parameters, e.g.
>
> a)   -sndmono
> b)   -sndstereo -sndspeed 11025

a) gives me:
/dev/dsp: Invalid argument
Could not set /dev/dsp to stereo=1S_Startup: SNDDMA_Init failed.
                          ^^^^^^ ???

b) says:
/dev/dsp: Invalid argument
Could not set /dev/dsp to stereo=2S_Startup: SNDDMA_Init failed.

With quake-x11, both work fine...
I'm not familiar with the QuakeForge sourcecode, but if you say the ioctls
are the same, I guess it can't be the sound driver!?

Regards,
Stefan
--
Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrSegmentation fault: core dumped
http://transfer.to/dunkelkammer