Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 1996 15:23:31 -0800
From:      Jeff Newton <jeff@datapark.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ifconfig (setup a point to point link)

Hi all,

After hours of banging my head against the wall trying to solve this
problem, I thought I'd ask the gurus out there for some assistance.

I have a multi-homed freebsd box I'd like to use as a firewall/gateway.
Here's the way I want to set it up:

router (XXX.XXX.XXX.254)

point to point link

NIC1 (XXX.XXX.XXX.1)
gateway
NIC2 (XXX.XXX.XXX.2)

LAN

I've only got one C class and people have said you can't put the same
network on two interfaces...others say that a point to point link should
work (its easily done with Linux).

I figure ifconfig spits up at me cause I don't have the syntax righ for
the point to point right.  Can someone show me how to do this?  Can this
be done by adding static routes in a particular order.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

--
Jeff Newton
Systems Administrator