Date:      18 Mar 2001 14:26:34 +0100
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
To:        Justin <asmo@madbovine.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mounting /CDROM

>>>>> "Justin" == Justin  <asmo@scully.madbovine.com> writes:

[BTW: your lines are too long]

Justin> I was playing around with my machine the other day and came
Justin> across a problem. I wanted to play a music CD in my cdrom
Justin> drive so I looked in Greg Lehays book and tried to use the
Justin> command that was listed there to mount my CDROM drive.

No. You don't have to mount a music CD. Mounting is related to a
filesystem: the line in your /etc/fstab only pretends that if you type
"mount /cdrom", you want to say "mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0c /cdrom",
that's all. This line is only for iso9660 filesystems (data CD).

Music CD aren't iso9660 filesystems, so don't try to mount
them. Instead, use the "cdcontrol" command, like that:

$ /usr/sbin/cdcontrol -f acd0 play

More details with "man cdcontrol"

--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1288282241 secondes.