Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 1996 14:27:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PIC+EISA Recommendations?

> In message <199610251858.LAA14036@phaeton.artisoft.com> Terry Lambert writes:
> : and the FreeBSD 1.1.5.1 SPARC port,
>
> What other machines has FreeBSD been ported to?  I'm not so curious
> about releases (because only the PC an PC98 have been integrated into
> the tree) as I am about what machines had some level of effort made on
> them.
>
> I seem to recall an ARM port as well as a PPC port being talked about
> from time to time.  Any others?
>
> Thanks for any history you might provide me.

Hardware I know FreeBSD has been run on or partially ported to:

	PC
	PC98
	Sun 3
	Sun SPARC
	DEC MIPS (DECStation 3000)
	ARM
	Motorolla PowerStack (PPC)
	Apple PowerMAC 6100
	Apple Mac IIci -- unconfirmed
	DEC Alpha (21066A PCI)
	HP 300/400 (68040)
	NeXT Cube/Slab (68030/68040) -- unconfirmed

IBM is interested in loaning hardware for an IBM PPC hadware support,
if anyone is interested.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---