Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 1997 17:45:15 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Christoph Haas <haas@willi.lion.de>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Publicity (was: Re: "The competition")

On Fri, 14 Mar 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> Still, not to discourage you - I agree with all of your points about
> FreeBSD needing a big push, I'm just trying to make it clearer why
> this hasn't really happened yet despite everyone's awareness of the
> problem for over 3 years.  Putting together good advertising is a LOT
> OF WORK.

Perhaps someone could do a workover on the www.freebsd.org and also
the little 'powered by FreeBSD' logo needs a bit of updating, it's just
not noticeable. Well, these are opinions, but you could get someone to
do these probably for free (or for very little).

This might not be advertising, but at least when someone sees a website
with the logo on then they might be more inclined to click it and find
out more.

But then again, all this talk of advertising, I'd be worried about what
sort of people you start attracting (could be more people like me and
that would be a bad thing =) )

Steve.