Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 01:39:42 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        alk@pobox.com
Cc:        wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: inetd is ill? syslogd is anemic?

> : > This has been occurring for almost a week -- of a sudden, I get a few
> : > hundred of these:
> : >   Oct  9 12:30:22 avalon /kernel: pid 756 (inetd), uid 0: exited on signal 11
> :
> : Buy more memory.
>
> I don't believe it.  There is more than 100MB of swap free at this point,
> and it is still happening.

Actually, I have seen this with relatively high repeatability on
a 486DX clock multiplied box.

And no, I'm not running APM + PHK's clock stuff that causes "CALCRU,
negative time" errors.

I was very happy, actually, to see someone else reporting the
problem.

Likewise on the boxes I can repeat it on, there is *not* a low memory
condition.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---