Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 1995 22:47:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Wes Santee <wsantee@wsantee.oz.net>
To:        marxx@mars.superlink.net (Marxx)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mounting Dos Drv.

Marxx sez:
> [...rest of disklabel output deleted...]
> 8 partitions:
> #        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
>   c:  1023968        0    unused        0     0         # (Cyl.    0 - 499*)
                            ^^^^^^
Marxx,

It looks like FreeBSD doesn't have a disklabel entry for your DOS
partition.  Then again, with the changes made to the slice code made
in 2.0.5, disklabel might not be reporting correct information.

The only way *I* know to set a disklabel with the new labeling scheme
is to run /stand/sysinstall as root and tell the system about your
partitions, labels, and mount points again.  Using disklabel to do it
would depend on whether or not the command was updated to understand
the new slice code.

There's got to be a better way, however, so I'm redirecting your
question back to the list.

Can anybody explain to Marxx (and me for that matter) the correct
procedure for listing/changing disklabels on 2.0.5?  In private e-mail
we thought the reason he couldn't mount his DOS parition was that he
might not have a label for it (even though the partition exists).

Cheers,
--
( -Wes Santee                        | You're never dead 'til you're )
( wsantee@wsantee.oz.net             | out of quarters.  --InSoc     )