Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:56:03 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Miguel Almeida <mjna@mail.telepac.pt>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, articles@daemonnews.org
Subject:   Re: Gartner on Linux and FreeBSD

Miguel Almeida wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure if this has already been reported in the mailing list but
> I just read this small Gartner Group report:
>
> "Divorcing Thin Server Software from the Hardware"
> http://advisor.gartner.com/n_inbox/hotcontent/hc_2121999_3.html

An excellent summary, with accurate viewpoints.  I don't agree with his
summary; I fail to see how anyone is going to help their bottom line
by trying to shoe-horn Winders NT into a "thin" server, but all in
all this is a great article for FreeBSD.

That's why I've cc'd Daemon News, so this can be added to the News Bytes.

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                     +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                  wes@softweyr.com