Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 1996 18:17:57 -0500
From:      Scott Risk <a0005404@airmail.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Media Vision Premium/Pro 3D SCSI-2 Support

I have the above card as part of a multimedia kit.  The kit came bundled
with a Sanyo SCSI CDROM.  My question is, has anyone gotten a CDROM to
show up?  I have seen a couple of posts on the subject from over a year
ago, but no real responses.  I have tried all of the suggested IRQ/base
addresses, but none of them make the drive recognizable at probe time.
As far as I can tell (from DOS), the address is 230h on IRQ 10.
(MediaVision's web site supports this somewhat).  The card itself seems
to be a slightly modified version of their standard X-001 card.  Mine is
(X-051) or something close.  The SCSI chip is made by NEC.  If anyone
could give me some direction as to things to try, the help would be
greatly appreciated.  I can get the exact model # and chip #s if that
would help.

- Scott
scott.risk@fmr.com / srisk@panda.uiowa.edu