Date:      Sat, 2 Nov 1996 06:37:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      mark thompson <thompson@tgsoft.com>
To:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another data point in the daily panics...

   From: Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
   Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 20:56:35 -0500 (EST)

   Everyone -

    As an example of something that crashes 2.1.5 (fairly quickly, I
   may add) and will not likely be determined by 'crashme'.  I offer
   the following shell script.

    I don't think it has anything to do with my particular problem,
   since the panic isn't for the same reason.  I just wanted to show
   it as an example of a similar type of problem that crashme would not
   diagnose.

    If anyone has access to a LINUX box - I'd be interested in hearing
   what happens if you perform the same test there...

	   - Dave Rivers -

   ---------------------- cut here ----------------

	   #!/bin/sh
	   mkdir loser
	   while true
	   do
	     touch loser/abc
	     mv loser/abc loser/def
	   done

----
Odd. My 2.1.5 machine crashes (once a month or so) while running
/etc/weekly. I assume this shellscript kills the machine because of
name collisions in the renames?

-mark