Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 12:19:31 +0100
From:      Olivier Girard <olivier@univ-angers.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   chosing shared raid hardware for 4.x servers

	Hello,

	I have to buy hardware for sharing storage between 8-10 Freebsd
servers. My fisrt goal is a little more security for this storage (Raid-5
can do the job). The second goal is separate storage space for each server,
probably on one box.

	The servers are for big traffic DNS, Mail, FTP, ...

	My first thought was to set up an NFS server, but i am interested in
setting up something like Fiber-Channel or an scsi storage bay.

	Can anyone point me to an entry on suported hardware with FreeBSD 4.X.
all i have found is a reference to Qlogic ISP 2100 and 2200 in LINT file.

Thanks,

--
	Olivier Girard -=- University of Angers, Network Team.