Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 01:35:13 +0100
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kde and kde dir (error)

At 11.34 21/01/99 -0700, Brett Taylor wrote:
>> >make clean
>> >make install PREFIX=/usr/local/kde
>>
>> it doesn't work :-(
>>
>> I do :
>> make
>> make PREFIX=/usr/local/kde install
>
>Just a guess:
>
>KDE uses configure so you may need to do the make w/ the PREFIX set
>otherwise the env variable may not be properly passed to configure and
>hence not get used in the creation of the Makefiles.

Probably but if I use the PREFIX also in make it doesn't find all other
libs it is dependant too and which are in /usr/local/lib... <sgrunt>

I say it again.. let's move kde in /usr/local/kde and everything related in
this tree... Then we'll add /usr/local/kde/libs  to the lconfig path. :-)

Thanks again for attention ....

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli (http://www.giovannelli.it/~gmarco)
"Unix expert since yesterday"