Date:      Fri, 04 Apr 2014 00:30:45 +0100
From:      Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>
To:        marino@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, j.david.lists@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: Updating less-than-everything with poudriere & pkgng

+--On 3 avril 2014 21:54:52 +0200 John Marino <freebsd.contact@marino.st>
wrote:
| I don't think anybody is going to reprogram the logic of poudriere
| though.  This is just an academic discussion of what could be done, but
| I doubt anybody wants to actually implement it due to the potential side
| effects (and the (limited) gain vs the implementation cost).

Yay, we've talked about this quite a lot, and there's the simple and always
working way, but maybe somewhat overkill sometime, that poudriere is doing
right now, and there is the way that *always* gets out *exactly* *right*
what package to rebuild, and what package not to rebuild.  That second way
of doing things would be a monsterously beast of bugridden code, and take
so much reverse engineering into each package to figure out what it needs
it would certainly take more time in the end.

--
Mathieu Arnold