Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:48:14 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why should I upgrade from 2.2.8 to 3.4

> Personally, I had my best luck with 3.3, I've had a few problems with 3.4,
> though I'm not sure I can attribute them solely the to the OS. Regarding
> 3.5 though, is there even going to be a 3.5? I'm under the impression that
> 4.0 will be the next release, is this incorrect?

There will certainly be a 3.5 and probably a 3.6.  These releases do
not come off the same branch, there is a branch called 3.x-stable and
a branch called -current.  The 3.x branch is still "running" and will
for at least another 6 months.  4.x-stable hasn't even been created
yet and won't until sometime before 4.1.

- Jordan