Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:35:54 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey" <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
To:        Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG, postmaster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AVM Fritz!Card pnp

> Sender: owner-freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
> Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 21:28:53 +0200
> From: Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
> To: isdn@FreeBSD.ORG

> OT:  I realize it's due to the several spellings of the lists'
> names.  What are the official ones?  Is it "freebsd-stable" et al
> or "stable" et al?  That's what "breaks" mutt's recognizing which
> addresses are list addresses and what's a private one.  And
> that's what made me reply to the list although I hit 'R'. :(

(This thread is on isdn not stable :-)

Here's an extract From Majordomo-Owner@FreeBSD.ORG Mon Jul  3 22:53:55 2000
  freebsd-stable          Production branch of FreeBSD source code
  stable                  Production branch of FreeBSD source code
  freebsd-isdn            Using ISDN with FreeBSD
  isdn                    mail alias for freebsd-isdn

Thus freebsd-isdn@ is the correct address.
isdn@ is an inherited hangover (backward compatibility) from years ago,
before "freebsd-" was prepended to most list addresses.

For CC'd postmaster@freebsd.org: I think majordomo needs correcting:
  stable		mail alias for freebsd-stable
  freebsd-isdn		Using ISDN with FreeBSD, NetBSD & OpenBSD

( Note for postmaster:
  Net & Open too, as this list is a bit of an anomaly to the normal
  freebsd-only lists served from freebsd.org:  The ISDN list started
  as an ISDN on *BSD list created by Michael Elbel, & migrated later
  to run under majordomo@freebsd.org, but still has *BSD people, not just Free)

Julian
-
Julian Stacey	http://bim.bsn.com/~jhs/
 Kostenlos: FreeBSD 3200 packages, sources, Netscape, WordPerfect & StarWriter.
Anti Software Patent Petition to Euro Parliament: http://petition.eurolinux.org