Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:04:11 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <gary.jennejohn@freenet.de>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: net/skype, linux_base-fc6 and the missing linux-alsa-lib...

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:42:06 +0200
Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net> wrote:

> Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru> (from Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:14:25 +0400):
> > Note: almost all linuxolator changes where merged from 8-CURRENT to
> > 7-STABLE. But I'm not sure if the default compat.linux.osrelease is
> > ever changed to 7.x.
>
> That's a good question. I before we get some data how the transition
> from 2.4 to 2.6 in -current works out or the users, we can not give an
> answer.

I switched to -fc8 and 2.6.16 a few weeks ago.  The few Linux-based things
which I use regularly (linux-firefox, realplayer, flash with firefox,
acroread8) continue to work just fine.  I should mention that
linux-firefox sometimes dumps core for no apparent reason (I haven't seen
any useful error messages), but killing the leftover running processes and
restarting it works.

Note that I'm running 8-current.

---
Gary Jennejohn