Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 1996 13:44:41 +0400 (MSD)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (Andrey A. Chernov) <ache@nagual.ru>
To:        zgabor@CoDe.hu (Gabor Zahemszky)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I18N

> I'm using FreeBSD 2.1.0R.  I'd like to make a whole Hungarian locale.
> I've made some type of keyboard descriptor file, generate 3 console
> font files.  Now, I need to make the two more difficult part:
> collating sequences, and LC_TIME file.

To deal with it you need to check FreeBSD-current, lot of things
changed in this area since 2.1.0R.

> So I need some information, not found in the manual.
>
> LC_COLLATE:
> a) what is it good for, the charmap and substitute statements?

Current variant not use charmap and substitute things.

> d) I think, I've made a (maybe incorrect) collate file, generate the LC_COLLATE
> in /usr/share/locale/hu_HU.CP852 ; exported the LC_COLLATE variable ; and made a
> little ``sort'' program, which gets two string, and compare with strcoll.  But

Current 'sort' understands collate.

> LC_TIME:
> a) is there any manual page about the format of this file?

No manpage, but there is two example files.

> And another question: Raynard said something about a command, I think:
> timeset, but didn't find any information about it.  Do you know something
> about it?

> PS: and what about 2.1.5?  Are there any new functions, files?

I18N changes not goes to 2.1.5

> Earth is the cradle of human sense, but you can't stay in the cradle forever.
> 						Tsiolkovsky

I have something to add here: Tsiolkovsky believe that sometimes all people
leave Earth and fly away into deep space. But... Who stays on Earth
when all people fly away? Its animals! And Tsiolkovsky said that
we can't allow animals to stay here because they will behave outrageously,
so we must kill them before we leave Earth. And because we plan to leave
in very near future, we must start to kill them immediately to complete
this work in time.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ache@nagual.ru>