Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 16:36:00 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Daeron <daeron@fandom.net>
Cc:        will@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kdeaddons

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 08:40:19PM +1100, Daeron wrote:
> Hi,
>  Thanks for taking care of the port, but could you please update the
> Makefile to use :
>   CONFIGURE_ARGS+=
>  *instead* of
>   CONFIGURE_ARGS=
>
>  The update would allow people to pass any extra parameters to the
> configure routine, e.g. enabling / disabling extra features etc.
>  In this case you are preventing me from enabling the Xinerama support
> which has been compiled into the XFree86 & KDElibs packages.
>  Thanx again. :)
> :)

As I explained in the thread started by your (much, much earlier) message
with the subject of 'Request for all ports', this could break if there
is some port that depends on kdeaddons.  In that case, the other port's
CONFIGURE_ARGS would be in the environment when the Ports collection build
infrastructure tries to build kdeaddons, and there might very well be
unknown or conflicting arguments left over from the other port, whic
would mightily confuzzle the kdeaddons configure script.

G'luck,
Peter

--
If this sentence didn't exist, somebody would have invented it.