Date:      Sun, 3 Nov 1996 00:13:05 +0900 (JST)
From:      Naoki Hamada <nao@sbl.cl.nec.co.jp>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        sos@ravenock.cybercity.dk, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, j@uriah.heep.sax.de, gena@NetVision.net.il, terry@lambert.org, hm@kts.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: vx driver(s) - bad powerup behaviour

Soren Schmidt wrote:
>On what do you base that, from the defective message from the old
>driver ??, or by checking the serial number against 3com.

By reading the 'software information2' field in the eeprom PROPERLY as
stated in the 'PCI/EISA Bus-Master Adapter Driver Technical Reference'
from 3COM. Never by the wrong message from the old vx driver. For
details, see my recent patch which is localted:
http://jp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/vx.tar.gz.

The new vx driver supports 3C590 Etherlink III PCI, 3C595 Fast
Etherlink PCI, 3C592 Etherlink III EISA and 3C597 Fast Etherlink
EISA. Early support for 3C900 Etherlink XL PCI and 3C905 Fast
Etherlink XL PCI is also incorporated.

- nao