Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:26:55 +0200
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MacOS Themes, was RE: Windriver, Slackware and FreeBSD

Ted Mittelstaedt said on Apr 18, 2001 at 01:03:01:
> [...]

Whatever.  I'm not worried about theme editors for MacOS, but about
corporate attitudes in general.

Wind River's action about slackware is not very encouraging.  In any
case, they don't have any kind of known commitment to free software,
and (from what I've read about them) no particular motivation for
donating anything back to FreeBSD.  As such, I'm happy if they hire
individual FreeBSD people to help them with their embedded system
work, but I am not happy if the FreeBSD OS itself becomes closely
associated with such a company -- any more than I would be if
Transmeta tried to associate itself with linux (which they don't).

People in the linux world complain about the dominance of Red Hat and
the popular "RH=linux" misconception, but at least RH's commitment to
free software has never been in doubt.

- Rahul