Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 10:35:35 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        bultman@rikz.rws.minvenw.nl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re-install bootmanager (without destroying disk-contents)

In a previous message, bultman@rikz.rws.minvenw.nl said:
> Hi,
>
> While re-installing the Windows95 half of my hard-disk at home,
> this procedure also removed my bootmanager. How can I re-install
> the bootmanager without going through the complete FreeBSD install
> routine, which will destroy the contents of my current FreeBSD
> system (as soon as the FreeBSD disks are 'partitioned')?
> If I reboot the system with the FreeBSD floppy disk, it won't
> recognize that there's an existing system present.
>
> Thanks for any and all help.
> Answers directly to bultman@rikz.rws.minvenw.nl please.

On the CD (or ftp site) there is a directory, tools. In there is
booteasy and os-bs. Copy those down to Windows-95 and expand on of
them out (I like OS-BS, but booteasy works fine too). Re-boot into
DOS and install it.

--
"Goodness knows, the trunk is big enough.  It's big enough for two."

--South African Frank Thompson, rationalizing the fact that he forced
  his black servant to ride around in the trunk of the family car, 1969.