Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 1996 14:01:20 +0800
From:      "Ricardo M. Codizar" <ricky@jsys.mozcom.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IP Address Spoofing

Hello, co-FreeBSD users...

We are now installing an Internet and LAN environment in our office.  We are using FreeBSD as our Internet server and at the same time as a router.  Our provider assigned one IP address for our PPP serial port and we are planning to use the imaginary network 10.x.x.x for our Internal LAN.  I read from the Linux book the term "spoofing" which do some proxying for the Internal IP address (10.x.x.x) to be recognized in the Internet.  Does FreeBSD have such capabilities ?  Please tell us the procedures and important things to configure the FreeBSD for "spoofing" if FreeBSD have ?

Please reply immediately so that our client PC's can have an access to the Internet.

						Ricky