Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 12:52:07 +0930
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>, =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@sos.freebsd.dk>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice...

> I don't think the X server is the real reason.  I suspect it's just
> passively helping the bug to surface.  If I were to suspect anything,
> it would be the Linux emulation package.  Who could tell us if Linux
> users have seen this problem?

Try the newsgroups on news.stardiv.de

Note that the Linux emulation doesn't come into the picture with the
resolver until you get down to the socket level.  I can't see how this
would be an issue without almost every other Linux networking program
barfing its guts.

> In that connection, I seem to recall seeing some mention about needing
> a Linux version of resolv.conf, but I can't recall where.  Any
> pointers?

cain:~>cat /compat/linux/etc/host.conf
order hosts, bind
multi on