Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 1997 18:59:04 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Ken Key <key@cs.utk.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: APM suspend/resume and the "calltodo" timer list.

> Hi Folks,

Hi Ken, sorry I haven't responded before, but I have been thinking
about this one a while.

> I'm soliciting the mobile community at large for suggestions of things I
> may not have thought about that this might negatively effect in the OS.
> The worst I have come up with is just that the system potentially could
> become very busy at startup time running all the expired timers that have
> collapsed together.

I think this has been the concern thus far.  To be honest, though, I
think your point about long timeouts is really quite valid, and the
impact of expiring short timeouts in a bunch at resume time is probably,
as you suggest, quite low.

> I haven't noticed this thus far on my tp560, but I
> won't claim having performed an exhaustive analysis.  If nothing bad comes
> up in this testing, I'll post my patch.

That'd be good.  I think you're on the right track, FWIW.

mike