Date:      Thu, 06 Dec 2001 13:54:11 +0800
From:      David Xu <davidx@viasoft.com.cn>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Lamont Granquist <lamont@scriptkiddie.org>, Mike Barcroft <mike@FreeBSD.ORG>, Jim Durham <jimd@nepinc.com>, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can TCP changes be put in RELENG_4?

It will be still a defacto,  because Linux distributions will always
install tuned version of Linux
kernel as default while FreeBSD not,  the default GENERIC FreeBSD
kernel's performace sucks,
and ordinary user will find FreeBSD is slower, could we let user to
select which kernel to install
at installing time?

--
David Xu