Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:36:55 -0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org, pav@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: compat_ia32: libpthread.so.1

On Sunday 26 March 2006 03:59 pm, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> Heya, me again!
>
> All i386 apps from FreeBSD 5.X linking libpthread.so.1 do segfault,
> when run under compat_ia32 on amd64. Is this known problem? Anyone
> working on fix?

Yes, it is a known problem.  It isn't likely to work in the short term
because the libpthread <-> kernel interface is very heavily entangled
with the host system ABI.

> PS libmap32.conf is not documented anywhere either. Will fix that
> too.

You might be able to get libthr working in its place.  But I'm not sure
that we have all the system calls wrapped that it needs.  If all else
fails, use libmap32.conf to point libpthread.so.1 to libc_r.so.5.