Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 1995 09:18:24 -0800
From:      Matthew Deter <mdeter@trmx3.dot.ca.gov>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:    ep0: Status 2002 -- what does it mean?

Hi guys.  I don't know if this is a list or just someone's
mailbox, so please reply via email even if this is a list.

Before I get to my problem, I'd like to express amazement
and joy at the 2.1 release.  I played with 1.0 and 1.1 and
1.1.5.1 (even got SLIP working, which for me was nontrivial
as my serial port devices did not behave out of the box.)

Anyway, the install and package system on 2.1 is awesome.

That having been said, maybe the pump is primed for
an answer to my question.  I am running a 3c509 with
the ep0 device driver.  Everything works fine, but my
console spits out "Status: 2002" about 4 times an hour
when the machine is up.  I tried to RTFM, but there's no
ep manpage, and grepping and man -k didn't help me
much either.

SInce I don't exactly control the network here, I want to
find out what this Status message means and how it might
impact my use of the network.

Thanks much.

-Matthew Deter
Engineer