Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 1996 00:21:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        scrappy@ki.net (Marc G. Fournier)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISDN Recommendations Requested...

> Hi...
>
> 	I'm just about to look into getting an ISDN line into my
> system, mainly to reduce some lag between myself and a couple of
> local sites I talk to...

Cool, I am jealous. :-).

> 	I figure I have two choices, one is an ISDN modem, one is an
> ISDN card.

How's about a router (like an Ascend Pipeline-50 or equiv?)  They are
a little more expensive though.   We use Pipeline-50's, pipeline-25's
at work (also Cisco 2500 and Ascend Max 4000, but those are too big
for your app.)

If you talk to something through your serial port, you will likely get
less throughput (due to start/stop bits.)  The router solution will give
you everything that you can get through two B channels on a BRI.

John