Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:09:56 -0400
From:      Cliff Crawford <cjc26@cornell.edu>
To:        Mike <mike@adept.org>
Cc:        Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>, doconnor@gsoft.com.au, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Softupdates disappears?

* Mike <mike@adept.org> menulis:

> I installed 4.0 release from CD and enabled linux emulation.  No
> problem.  I then cvsup'd to stable, enabled softupdates and got panics on
> reboot.  I turn linux emulation off, panics go away.  I don't even need
> linux emulation...  Just wondering if this is a known problem, or
> something I'm managing to fubar (searching list archives didn't turn
> anything up, sorry if this has been addressed).

I had the same problem at first.  Apparently linux emulation is a
kernel option now--I found two called COMPAT_LINUX and DEBUG_LINUX in
LINT.  I added them to my kernel config file and recompiled, and now
linux emulation works again (you don't need to enable it in rc.conf).

--
cliff crawford    -><-    http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/cjc26/
                          Synaesthesia now!            icq 68165166