Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:01:19 -0600
From:      Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   syslog Server Almost Works

	I run syslogd with the -a "*domain" flag and am receiving
syslog notifications from another FreeBSD system like we want.
It is my understanding that if one uses the "*domain" directive
as in "*hardknocks.edu" that syslogd will accept log data from
any system whose name resolves to somename.hardknocks.edu .  We
can't seem to get any other systems logs to show up on the same
system that is properly logging the data from the other FreeBSD
host.

	Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Center for Computing and Information Services Network Operations Group