Date:      Wed, 15 May 2002 13:16:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ECC

Jason Andresen writes:
 > > download at http://www.anime.net/~goemon/linux-ecc/.
 > >
 > >         The real question is, does FreeBSD support anything like
 > > this?  How do you know (other than the machine just locking up or
 > > something) when your memory starts to fail?
 >
 > Well, I have a FreeBSD port based on the somewhat older 0.13 release
 > of that code.

Have you approached them about getting FreeBSD support integrated?
Are they receptive?

 > http://www.ceyah.org/~jandrese/ecc-0.13-freebsd.tar.gz
 >
 > Just type "make" and copy ecc.ko into /modules.

Cool! I grabbed 0.14 and added some code from their development branch
for serverworks:

    FreeBSD/i386 (ugly) (ttyd0)

    login: ECC: monitor version 0.14 (Oct 10 2001)
    ECC: vendor 0x1166
    ECC: device 0x9
    ECC: Chipset ECC capability - ECC with hardware scrubber
    ECC: Current ECC mode - ECC with hardware scrubber
    ECC:    Bank    Size    Type    ECC     SBE     MBE
    ECC:    0       128M    SDR     Y       0       0
    ECC:    1       128M    SDR     Y       0       0
    ECC:    2       128M    SDR     Y       0       0
    ECC:    3       128M    SDR     Y       0       0
    ECC: Total      512M

I have no idea if it actually works, as this box is quite stable.

I've left the newer code at:

     http://people.freebsd.org/~gallatin/ecc-0.14-freebsd.tgz

Cheers,

Drew