Date:      Sat, 1 Dec 2001 22:43:39 +0100
From:      Anton Berezin <tobez@tobez.org>
To:        "Eugene M. Kim" <gene@nttmcl.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, imp@village.org
Subject:   Re: Perl build breakage

On Sat, Dec 01, 2001 at 01:26:11PM -0800, Eugene M. Kim wrote:
> Oh, never mind.  I just re-read the thread you pointed (thanks) and
> saw it affects the systems *installed around the breakage date*.
>
> UPDATING does not mention about this fact (it simply says `Building
> perl was broken'); perhaps it should be updated to mention the
> misfortune of the installed system and the link to the fix; Warner?).

Well, that would definitely be a good idea half a year ago.  Nowadays, I
doubt there will be any significant number of unlucky souls having
operating -current systems built between May 1st and May 2nd.  You might
be unique at that.  ;-)

Cheers,
%Anton.
--
| Anton Berezin                |      FreeBSD: The power to serve |
| catpipe Systems ApS   _ _ |_ |           http://www.FreeBSD.org |