Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 23:18:14 -0700
From:      Unfurl <unfurl@dub.net>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        seafug@dub.net, FreeBSD Advocacy <advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>

On Sun, Jan 10, 1999 at 10:49:46PM -0700, Wes Peters wrote:
> Unfurl wrote:
> >
> > So for the few ppl who responded to my call for users in the Seattle
> > area I have set up a mailing list. Hopefully this will be a forum that
> > we can start chatting about actually *starting* a group in.
> >
> > The list address is seafug@dub.net.
> >
> > It is a majordomo list so just send the words:
> >
> >   subscribe seafug
>
> You've got to come up with a synonym for "Users" that starts with "O."  ;^)
>
> You may attract a somewhat wider audience by addressing BSD in general,
> rather than just BSD.  Your experiences will be close enough to warrant
> a general users group with {Free,Net,Open}BSD sigs.

Maybe a Seattle Free Unix Group is the best idea in this light. Mostly I
wanted to focus on FreeBSD because there are already a couple of Linux
groups and one generic UNIX group (that I know of) in the area; seemed
to me this was what we (Seattle) lacked.

So what are some of the other opinions on this matter? Do you guys think
it is a better idea for Users Groups to be more broad, e.g. covering
*BSD and linux as well or ?? I am open to suggestions and (of course) am
in no way the person who must decide this matter.

Are any of the ppl on this list part of a sucessful users group? Maybe
it would help to define how to start a sucessful users group.

-Bill

--
unfurl@dub.net - This is a munition. Fight Back!