Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 1998 14:16:45 +1100 (EST)
From:      Jim Mock <jim@corp.au.triax.com>
To:        Chris McLeod <connor@shell1.interlog.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How do I remove VoxWare drivers?

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Chris McLeod wrote:

[snip]
> OSS's INSTALL says that Voxware will be compiled into my kernel but
> my kernel config file doesn't have anything that resembles the
> string "VoxWare" in it.  Yes, I've tried different case
> combinations.

If you've got snd0 and sb0, etc., compiled into your kernel, you need
to remove that and recompile.  That's the VoxWare stuff it's talking
about.  Then install OSS and it should work once you've got the kernel
recompiled and installed.

Hope this helps,

Jim

: Jim Mock			| [jim@corp.au.triax.com]	:
: System Administrator		| web: http://www.triax.com/	:
: Triax Internet Services	| -----------------------------	:
: Portland, OR USA		| FreeBSD: The Power to Serve	:
: Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia	| http://www.freebsd.org/	: