Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 95 12:06:31 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        hlew@cycle.Stanford.EDU, bugs@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 2.05R panics on boot

> > * If I use Ontrack DM 6.03a and set the DOS partition active (I don't
> > know why it became inactive), the system prompts for F1-Disk 1 and
> > F5-Disk 2.  But at that prompt, if I choose F1, I get DOS.  And if I
> > choose F5, I also get DOS (so they are still booting from wd0 which is my
> > DOS drive).
>
> This smells _awfully_ like you have DM coming in too early and trying to
> be "smart".

Well, it's allowed to do that.  It *is* smart.  8^).

What it sounds more like is the boot manager being written on top of DM
instead of being smart (like *it* should) and getting written to the
secondary MBR that DM causes to exist following it.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.