Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2014 10:58:41 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>
To:        Matthew Pherigo <hybrid120@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>

Hi,

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 10:40:08 -0500
Matthew Pherigo <hybrid120@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> On Apr 15, 2014, at 11:04 PM, Erich Dollansky <erich@alogt.com>
> >> wrote:
> >
> > there is currently more spam than trolling on this list. There
> > would be a way to stop spam, but trolling? The troll will get a new
> > e-mail address and off he goes again.
>
> Firstly, I have to disagree with you; I'd say that spam is MUCH
> harder to block than trolling. Spam are usually going to come from a

just have only registered users on all lists as a first step. It will
not stop then spam coming from harvesters of e-mail addresses here and
sending their spam out from hacked Windows machine.

> As to the trolls ability to change email addresses, that's why you
> use shadowbanning. But, to be honest, I'm not even sure that this

It is also a problem that people here are not allowed to deal with
trolls without having the risk of being banned.

> Maybe it doesn't even matter, but it's just weird having this high
> quality, intelligent mailing list, and then out of all that, having
> this one guy who uses the mailing list like the way that my grandma
> uses her email contacts.

Life is life.

Erich